Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Lee

Default Air Purifiers

That is a very good point. However, I think that most of the blockages are
caused by the bigger dust particles. So, if I change the prefilter (cheap)
more often, skip the charcoal filter (major cause of black dust), I might be
able to recycle the HEPA several times before coughing out the big bucks.

--
Later 'gator

remove NOSPAM for email
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Don Lee wrote:
Since you all are talking about air purifiers. I have several HEPA
purifiers, but after a little while, stopped using them because I was
supposed to changed the filters, which cost quite a bit.
Theoretically, I should be able to reuse the filters if I vacuum them
out well (will an in-house vacuum that exhausts outside). Any input?

I am not sure it is possible to properly clean them using a vacuum.

My
guess is that you may be able to do it once or twice and by then the
accumulated very small particles that are very difficult to get out are
going to cause too much resistance.

remove NOSPAM for email
"Don" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting one of those home air purifiers to rid my
house of dust. I can't figure figure out where the hell it comes
from. My home is vacuumed and dusted at least twice a week. Do these
things really work? I want to be totally rid of the dust. I'm
looking at the trion by fedders at home depot. Thanks as usual.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit