Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default When to pull an electrical permit?

I've been on insurance fire jobs (State Farm) where the fire was almost
definitely caused by the home owner and they paid anyway. I myself cut down
a huge maple tree on my neighbors property and my homeowners insurance had
to provide me with a lawyer and pay the damages. I can't say how homeowners
policies work in other states, but in NY, they cover the stupid things the
homeowner does

"Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT" wrote in message
news
Charles Spitzer wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

I do believe that if electrical work is done without a permit/being
inspected, and this electrical work causes a fire or whatever, your
insurance company might not pay for damages.

old wive's tale. what they might do is if the new wiring was done by a
company and it causes a problem, they would go after that company's
liability insurance.

I gave a deposition in such a case were the homeowner was the one that did
the work. I was the layout man on the second due engine for his basement
fire and it was rockin. We made a good stop but his insurance carrier
walked away from the loss because it was directly caused by his
incompetent electrical work.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.