Posted to alt.home.repair
chattycat

Default FEMA

"JerryL" wrote in message
I am appealing the insurance settlement but that doesn't help. No matter
what they give me to repair the roof, I still have that deductible. I've
already appealed to FEMA twice. Yes, my area was a Federal Disaster Area
and received the most damage in the area. FEMA will not give me any
grant, just a loan application for a "low cost loan". To quote what a
"Low cost loan" is on their application:
If you are not creditworthy the interest rate is 2%
If you do have a good credit history the interest rate is 5.35%

Tell me what that means.

Sounds like you've done everything I can think of other than perhaps contact
American Red Cross and see if they have any other resources for you. BTW, I
applied for an SBA disaster loan, was approved (at the higher interest rate
due to good credit - go figure!) and decided not to accept the loan because
the reporting and follow up paperwork looked like a nightmare. Well, they
are still sending me late payment notices even though their records show
I've never accepted or cashed any of their checks. Unfortunately not the
most efficient agency. Well, best of luck to you!