Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Microwave oven safe after 10 years?

My grandmother has a "downright classic" Litton-made oven that seemingly
predates digital timers. It has only ever required a few lamps and periodic
lubrication of the fan motor.

My family had one of those growing up, it was huge! If I remember right
it was 1200W and could nuke a hotdog in under 10 seconds. It never did
fail, but by the time it was around 15 years old it was getting a bit
cosmetically tattered and it was given away after a kitchen remodel.

I actually wouldn't mind having an old Amana Radarrange, those are cool,
my aunt has one of the very first sold with a digital timer, it has a
stainless cavity.