Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Replace VCR mechanicals?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it possible to replace just the mechanicals of a VCR? On my RCA
VR712HF, it requires only six screws and one small ribbon cable to
remove the entire tape transport system. Where can I buy this assembly?
Does anyone know the part number for it? This model of VCR is no longer
sold, but I love the way it automatically fast-forwards through
commercials. I also have a RCA VR708HF I would like to know about, too.
Thanks. Mike

If it were available, it would likely cost several times what you paid for
the whole VCR. My advice is forget it.

You don't say what's wrong with it, but you can usually get service kits to
replace high-wear items on VCRs, ie the takeup clutch, belts, tensioner,
pinch roller etc. That might be your best bet.

Dave