Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Software to determine project layout?

"Joe T" wrote in message
I tried the CutList demo and did not find it all that inuitive to
use...especially for infrequent use in my home shop.

Let me throw in my 2 cents here Joe. I have done beta testing for Don, SL8
and Todd, CutList Plus.
Don at SL8 has not updated the program since the Summer of 2001. He and I
worked quite extensively on the program and how it would look and function.
Basically I persuaded him to make many of the features the way they are now.
He would revise the program 3 or 4 times a day for about 3 weeks during
thebeta testing. That said however the program does not flow as fluidely as
CLP. It does however IMHO do a bit better job of optimising. I have
unlimited versions of both CLP and SL8 and feel that CLP is a clear winner
when it comes to intuitiveity.

With both unlimited programs on my computer, I only use Cut List Plus.