Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary Pewitt

Default What is it? C

OK, Googl Groups is a news reader not a browser. I can read and post
to news groups with it. I don't like it much compared to Agent but it
was all I had for a while. It does have one feature I wish Agent had
in that it makes a list of groups you have posted to so you can check
on responses or rude replies.
Any more nit picking?

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:40:48 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Gary wrote:

Wrong, google Groups -is- a browser. I am using it right now to post
this message. But I much prefer Agent as it has spell check and kill
files capability.

Huh? Internet Explorer is a browser. Netscape is a browser. Konqueror is
a browser. Google is a _server_, not a _browser_.

Agent is also not a browser, it is a "newsreader", which is slightly
different from the portal access called "Google Groups" provided via the
Google server.

Gary Pewitt N9ZSV
Sturgeon's Law "Ninety per cent of everything is crap"