Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eide

Default interference fit on small brass parts

"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
ups.com...
Chuck Sherwood wrote:
If the parts really are that small, and really do have to stay
together, and they really do have to be electrically connected, what's
wrong with solder?

Will the lead in soft solder interfer with the plating process?

It might. But plumbers and jewelers do a lot of similar stuff too, day
in and day out, so I'm surprised that he thinks that what he's doing
must be new or different. My inclination is to do what all the other
guys do, and when someone insists that what they're doing is
necessarily different or superior I generally leave it up to them to
tell me how rather than trying to outmaneuver them!

Tim.

I believe he's asking "what do the other guys do." Just because he is
assuming it needs to be press fit doesn't mean he knows all other options
are out. He might not know of other options. Where did you get the feeling
that he thinks he's doing something new or different?
Sounds like you're the one doing the insisting this time.

Eide