Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Part P conudrum.....

Ian_m wrote:

I have removed a partition stud wall between my kitchen and (ex)study to
make a bigger kitchen. Now there are two power points in the study (on the
downstairs ring as opposed to kitchen ring) that have now "moved" into the
kitchen.

If you had done it before taking down the wall you would be fine. So do
it that way! ;-)

(red/black or brown/blue etc does not matter since both have been
available and legit to use before and after prat pee).

Do I need to raise a Part P to move them upto work top height as they are
now in a Part P zone ? (maybe I should have done it before they "moved" to
the kitchen ???)

Spose so...

I was going to put in a separate ring for the new area (and removing the old
sockets out of downstairs ring) as the CU is on the other side of the
ex-study wall, so not exactly going to be a long/large ring, but this seem
awfully steep (」300 Part P test) just for say 3 sets of double sockets.

Woa, where do you get the £300 from? A building notice for a small job
like that ought to cost under £100. If you council is suggesting that
you ought to pay for the inspection then I would suggest pointing them
at the memo from the orifice of the deputy prime minister that says they
ain't allowed to charge extra for that bit.

--
Cheers,

John.