Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey

Default Ipod 3G 20GB windows xp operating system

On 2/6/06 10:53 PM, in article
, "lauricek"
wrote:

I unplugged my ipod while it was in "Disk Mode" and the screen said "Do
Not Disconnect". Now I can't get my PC to recognize it. I may have
damaged the hard drive. I ran a hard drive test and it failed. It is
hard for me to believe that what I did could have damaged the ipod
beyond repair. Does anybody know what I can do to fix it?

I doubt that you damaged the drive, but you certainly could have interrupted
an update that left it seriously confused.

Go to Apple.com/support. There are 5 or 6 steps recommended, from which you
can do one or more to "fix" your iPod. Do them, do not take any innovative
steps such as trying to format the drive. Don't try to treat it qs though
it is just another hard drive. It isn't.

Don