Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Veneer Layer in Segmented Bowl Turning Grey After Gluing

Hi Greg

Very nice bowl, did the discoloration happen to every piece of glued
maple on this bowl ??

I very rarely glue anything other than a waste block, so I wont be much
of a help to you, but did this happen before, ever, what was different,
I mean wood dryer or not, temperature higher/lower, and are you sure it
was not there before, and you only see it now after it is finished ??

Hope someone can shed some light on it, I do know that fungus does
discolor a lot of woods not just maple, but I think that is only
possible to happen if the wood is wet, not on dry wood.

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum4.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo