Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default FEMA

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 01:52:48 GMT, "FDR"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .

My sympathy goes out to you for losing your roof and not having the
money to pay for it, and to Biloxi Boy for losing all his possessions
and having to rebuild his home from the frame

I have begun to wonder why you received so little sympathy from a
portion of the repliers.

I think I know why.

You said nothing in your original post nothing about any prior
catastrophic medical bills, or that you are old and disabled. In fact
you still haven't said that any of these things apply to you, only
that "maybe" they do and "perhaps" they do.

Does that matter?

It seemed not to and needn't matter to those who gave no commentary,
and only gave answers to his questions about how to repair his roof. I
have no objection to people who just wanted to answer the roof
questions.

But it apparently did matter to those who gave him a hard time, and
that's what I tried to explain.

Should the OP given out his SS # and his DOB?

I don't see why. No one including me asked for it. But his year of
birth would be interesting, since he suggested that he was old.
"Perhaps the original post, which is me is old and disabled?"

The guy
had a question which either somebody could have answered or not, but others
took liberty to use the anonymous nature of the internet to question his
past and his personal life.

He himself brought up his personal life.

He opened the door by tellling us how low his income was,

He spent 5 long sentences talking about the injustice of his
situation, but in 3 of those he crapped on people who *did* get money
from FEMA.

He says, My history doesn't matter, but he brought up the history of
others.

Then after some replies gave him a hard time, he wrote as if his
feelings were hurt or as if he was outraged.

And I explained why they were willing to hurt his feelings and why he
is not a sympathetic figure.

I may well be doing him a favor. It's like telling someone before he
goes to a job interview that he has bad breath. The stafff at
Insurance companies and FEMA, have limited time and even some
discretion. If he doesn't realize that the time spent crapping on
other people can irritate those who listen, now he knows and he can
avoid sinking his own ship on appeal. It's too late for anything he
might have said to them before.

So far you say only that you worked since you were 11, served in the
military for 4 years, paid taxes all your life, and were responsible,
These are all good things but only starting work at 11 is
extraordinary. And you don't say if you quit school to work full
time, or if you mowed lawns, like I did at that age, or where in
between your situation falls

See below.

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:32:07 -0500, "JerryL"
wrote:

... I read in the papers and heard on TV how they
were giving away $2000 debit cards to everyone in Louisiana and
Mississippi
among other goodies. I understand that a lot of these people are on
Welfare
but I also understand their welfare checks are larger than my Social
Security check which I have to live on. .... I paid taxes all my life and
never got anything for free from the
government. What is the criteria the government uses to determine who gets
and who doesn't get? I have the answer in my mind but I won't put it in
writing.

But you did find time in your first post to make all these points that
hint of a nasty attitude a) to those who lost more than you, b) to
those whose possible status on welfare has nothing to do with Wilma,
and c) you hint in your last sentence that you would like to say
something so nasty that even you won't post it.

Maybe it is because you are angry now, and will eventually cool off,
and wouldn't otherwise make such nasty cracks about others.

But really, based on all the people I know, I don't think such
feelings as you seem to express are temporary. And conversely, I've
found that people who don't feel or talk that way, actually don't talk
that way any more so when they are angry.

You are more concerned with crapping on other people than describing
your own problems.

Even though normally someone in your situation would be, you are not a
sympathetic character.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.