Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FEMA

They didn't say in the original post that they were disabled. I
certainly don't expect a disabled person to get a job.

Having said that, I think the OP should be searching around for private
charities to help them out. I would be asking places like the Red
Cross and similiar places. I assume that their local charities would
be overwhelmed so if I were them I'd search nationally. It doesn't
hurt to ask. I would ask the Red Cross directly and see who they say
to ask if they can't do anything. I don't think your first choice
should have been what should some government agency do.