Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default Adding a bathroom in the basement

Scooter wrote:
My house was built last summer with drains prepped in the basement for
a bathroom; a toilet and sink drain were placed and the concrete was
cut where a shower would be placed. What will I need to do to connect
to a vent for the sink? How difficult is it to install the trap for
the shower? Finally, if I connect a second sink for the bar to the
drain for the bathroom sink, how should I connect the vent?

STEP #1: Talk to the town bldg dep't or whoever inspected
the construction. See if there were plans for the basement rough-in.
And ask what will be required of you to be in compliance.

Jim