Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Lyon

Default MAXX Chain saw grinder vs Oregon 511A

"Steve B" wrote in message
As an aside to this question ..........

I have two dull chains already for my chainsaw. I bought a Craftsman file
sharpening jig that clamps on top of the bar.

I am considering making a stand from an old rim so I don't have to work

with
this in my lap, and to be able to disassemble the saw, work on it, clean

it,
etc.

Has anyone here ever made a stand, or do you just sit it up on the work
bench? I know for blowing the crud out of it and washing it off, I'd like
to take it outside in the dirt rather than on my shop floor.

Suggestions appreciated.

Steve

When I was a little boy, we cut about 1 cord of wood per week to heat our
home.

Dad did all the maintance on the saw in the field. He took a large log, cut
into it almost the depth of the bar, and let the saw hang.