Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Default What is it? C

Rich Grise wrote:

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:35:16 +0000, R.H. wrote:

Another set has just been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

575: I'm going with HV gas discharge tube for questionable medical
purposes - I saw several very much like this at "The Museum of
Questionable Medical Devices" in Minneapolis, before it closed.
I've tried searching their website, but don't see it. The device
is filled with rarefied gas, and the HV supply goes to that metal
cap, and it lights up like a neon lamp, tingles a little where the
fingers are dragged over the skin, and makes ozone. ;-)

Google "violet wand"--there is one site that has an animation of that
particular type of tube in operation.

And everybody got 577 the toaster and 578 the Rockwell tester. )-;

The 580 tongs I'm guessing are for hot sheet metal.

Cheers!
Rich

--
--John