Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare

Default Oil boiler flues

"Ian H" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an 25yr old boiler and will upgrade to a new one before I have
to get a condensing variety. I understand that modern boilers have much
lower flue gas temperatures, and the current flue is 4inch cast iron up
to a soot door (which is about 8ft above the boiler room floor) in a
brick chimney which is lined with glazed pipe. There is no chimney
terminal.

The question is: Do I need a stainless liner and flue terminal? Does
the liner have to be straight through to the boiler or do you still
have the soot door etc.?

I would suggest asking manufacturers to provide installation manuals. You can
normally get these without actually buying the boiler.

Also see: http://www.oftec.co.uk/index.htm

I have a stainless steel liner, which I can see if I open my soot door. There
is no provision for cleaning the inside of the lining.

--

Michael Chare