Posted to misc.consumers.house
Joshua Putnam

Default Lot size on builder's map at time of contract is smaller than survey

In article om,
says...

You were certainly entitled to the survey before the closing. You most
likely are the one that paid for it, didn't you?

Common practice varies dramatically from state to state. There are
states where a buyer will usually get a survey before closing as a
matter of course, and states where getting survey for a standard home
purchase is almost unheard-of.

Best I can tell, our property was last officially surveyed when the
plat was recorded about a hundred years ago, no recorded surveys
since then, though there have been recorded surveys of two out of
three neighboring properties in the past hundred years.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/