Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

Default Stewart Platform Hexapod / Parallel Kinematics based cnc machines in the U.S.

F. George McDuffee wrote in
:

I found a bunch of sites on google - a few that caught my eye
we

Retrofits:

http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/0900rt1.html

http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/0204rt1.html

New US manufacturer [ I would love to have one of these in my
garage, but 60k$US is a little steep ]

http://home.wi.rr.com/pathfind/

This site is one of my favorites

http://www.parallemic.org/

One of the coolest machines that I've seen that was actually practical was
the one by Honda Engineering. I'm having trouble finding it with Google but
here is an old MMS article that mentions it:

http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/019905.html

I was at that JIMTOF show and spent some time talking to one of their
engineers about the machine. Fast doesn't even begin to describe it. Holy
friggen s**t, comes pretty close.

--

Dan