Zipper

Default Purity of copper when you melt it

I was curious what happens to the purity of copper when you melt it. I don't
know alot about melting, but I want to make some parts for something I'm
going to be trying to sell. I can get very pure copper, but I'm going to
need to melt it. What I want to know is will the "pure" copper remain pure
after I melt it, or will I have try to purify it after I melt it. I have one
other question if anyone has time to answer it. If I stick a copper rod into
the form that I have then pour the melted copper will it cause the two to
fuse or will the copper cool down to quickly to melt the existing copper?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for my ignorance, but when I
checked goolge for this topic I was unable to find a definitive answer.
Thank you again for your help.

-Zipper