Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall Ceiling In Basement

I have just downloaded a copy of the book - Basement Ideas - thanks.
I do favour the drywall ceiling myself, but just want to learn as much
as I could before doing anything - you never know !

Thanks.
On 7 Feb 2006 00:17:27 +0100, "No" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I am planning to install a drywall ceiling in my basement to gain a
couple of inches in head room. Any suggestions or links that might
help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

I got a download book called Basement Ideas, not too bad of a reference.
Despite all the nay sayers on the drywall I would say go for it. It looks
100X better and is much less expensive. you can cut and patch the drywall
many times over and still not come close to the cost of some type of drop
ceiling. May everything out, install access panels for things like shutoff
valves. Plan on cover plates for electrical junction boxes or re-route them
to a utility area. use a flat paint as to not exasperate any irregularities.