Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low pressure water pump, single or triple phase?

wrote:
My low water pressure pump(outside) went out. The plumber replacing it
wanted to know if its singe or triple phase. I assume this is in
regards to the electrical hookup of the pump? How would I tell? Its
220v thats all I know. Thanks.

3 phase is unlikely it is usually only used for bigger motors. If your
single phase voltage is 220v then the three phase voltage would be
380V.

If you take the cover off the electrical terminal cover on the motor
you can see the difference.
Three phase motors have at least a 3 power cores (red blue & yellow
where I live) single phase has 2 power cores & possibly one earth
connected to the motor chasis.