Posted to alt.home.repair
Li

Default FEMA

They'll always try to sell you the standard product first, but there are
others out there. You just have to push a little to find them. I found out
about the loan for my grandmother from the United Way Gatekeepers program.
It is a program designed specifically to help the elderly and disabled. Try
to look up the program in your area.
Good Luck.
"JerryL" wrote in message
Thank you, I'll question them about this but the loan form they sent me is
very explicit about the interest and terms.

"Li" wrote in message
You should go pursue the SBA loan. Foe people over 65, the government
does
have loans that are deferred and become payable by your estate or at the
time you sell your home (attached to the property not you). They also
have
loans with a 1% interest and low payments (like $35/month) again

attached
your property. The SBA will help you figure out if you qualify for one

of
these. Don't throw away help just because it says "loan". My
grandmother,
also on a fixed income, used one of these to get her home a much needed
repair. We have since paid it off.