Posted to alt.home.repair
Zzyzx

Default Air Purifiers

"Random Netizen" wrote in message
In article , says...
One thing I noticed with a
air purifier is how fresh the air is when breathing.

Two questions:

1) How fresh is the air when not breathing?

On a scale of 1-10, it is a 10

2) How do you tell the difference?

I have had allergies for years with chronic sinititus, the filters took most
of the allergen causing dust out of the air. It's real simple, dust gets
into air, you inhale dust, the dust dries back in the nostrils, it casues
post nasel drip, you get sick, repeat. My wife who does not have allergies
said even to her the air was a lot fresher then before the filters.

I've met a lot of people that were totally convinced that their "air

purifier" was doing
a wonderful job, when in reality it didn't make much of a difference.

Really, is this just a feeling you have or do you have documented proof that
they are wrong and you are right?

In any event, unless you have allergies, dust isn't going to bother you

too much. As a
species we've been living with dust for thousands of years, after all....

Have you been to the Las Vegas or Phoenix where they have been under going a
one of the largest building booms in the last 15 years? Before the boom they
had a protected top layer of crust. That protective top layer of crust has
been ripped up for construction, they cities are always covered in dust. Not
natural occurring dust, but man made insane amounts of dust.?

We have been living with a lot of different elements for 1000's of years,
but we have altered some of those elements including the environment with
medicine, better drinking water, food, etc. Ever wonder why people only
lived 40-50 years old and now the life expectancy in pushing 80?