Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Daremo

Default Help with Univox Guitar Amp

It's been about 100 years since I've had electronics training, that's just
what the schematic said.

NTE 158

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Arfa Daily spake thus:

"Daremo" wrote in message

Thanks to you all. I just got lucky. I was using the 10% rule, where
common components tested within 10% of each other I called them good. I
found 2 PNP Germanium Triodes that were identical but tested way
different than each other. I removed them from the
circuit to test properly, and they tested the same (both returned
the same values, I mean). Upon re-installing them, the amp worked
fine. Maybe a cold/bad solder joint? (No way, not after 30+years!)
I think these were the preamp transistors? Anyway, like I said, I
got lucky.

What is a " PNP Germanium Triode " for goodness sake ?

A transistor.

--
If the United States government, with all its capacity to collect
and interpret information, did not see Hamas doing very well in the

- Rami G. Khouri, editor at large of the Beirut-based _Daily Star_