Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Help with Univox Guitar Amp

"Daremo" wrote in message
Thanks to you all. I just got lucky. I was using the 10% rule, where
common components tested within 10% of each other I called them good. I
found 2 PNP Germanium Triodes that were identical but tested way different
than each other. I removed them from the circuit to test properly, and
they tested the same (both returned the same values, I mean). Upon
re-installing them, the amp worked fine. Maybe a cold/bad solder joint?
(No way, not after 30+years!) I think these were the preamp transistors?
Anyway, like I said, I got lucky.

What is a " PNP Germanium Triode " for goodness sake ?

Arfa