Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Peter Hyde

Default Bandsaw Blade Breakage

In article .com,
"robo hippy" wrote:

Peter,
I am curious as to why you would recomend the cool blocks over the
ceramic blade guides. They both run cool, and I would think that the
creamic would outlast the cool blocks.
robo hippy

See my second posting to Errol. I have a Rockwell 14" BS and tried
ceramic and roller bearing guides and noticed more broken blades. Went
back to cool blocks and no breakages. Also I now recycle the Starret
blades from work. I cut and silver solder them to fit my Rockwell and
then sharpen with a high speed rotary tool. Good enough for blank
cutting and general work. I also tuned the BS with Mark Duginske's help
and can re-saw veneers with a freshly sharpened recycled 1/2"blade.

--
Remove no & spam to email

meet me at:
http://www.oldtoolsshop.com/Galoots/pHyde/