Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve DeMars

Default Conduit - PVC or EMT

Thank you everyone for your input and suggestions . . . After reading the
replies, pricing EMT and surface mount boxes, the complexity of routing and
dealing with NEC . . . I have decided to wire the shop like a residence . .
.. just a lot more outlets ! ! !

Thanks
Steve

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message
Conduit and boxes . . . EMT and metal boxes? PVC conduit and PVC boxes?
PVC conduit & metal boxes?

Will be covering all walls & ceiling in shop with 1/2" plywood. Would use
3/4", but here in Louisiana building materials are high and scarce.

Will insulate walls & ceiling also.Want to surface mount electrical . . .
lights, receptacles, switches, etc . .

What have you guys used? What works best & is there much difference in

cost.
Have done a lot of residential electrical using ROMEX.

Never fooled with conduit except in an industrial setting . . . . I was an
instrumentation technician ( PetroChem).

Any suggestions as to material or layout appreciated . . . Shop is 20' X

22'
with 10' ceilings . . . . Will be running 115vac & 220vac receptacles.

Shop has it's own meter with 200amp service. I want to surface mount
EVERYTHING . . . . .

Thanks in advance,
Steve