Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal

Default Conduit - PVC or EMT

(Scott Lurndal) writes:
Phisherman writes:

I used Romex wiring for my shop, seven circuits. One circuit is 220.
I installed all the boxes, switches flush mount with the drywall.
However, one wall is poured concrete so there I used surface mount
tracks and low profile boxes, fastened with concrete (blue) screws and
construction adhesive. The surface mount is a bit more expensive and
doesn't look as nice, but that was my only choice if I wanted outlets
on that wall. I installed my sub panel in a closet, centrally located

subpanel in a closet is a probable NEC violation.

To expand on that, it is a definite violation to put a subpanel in a
clothes or coat closet. Additionally, the panel must have clear space
36 inches in front of the panel and (IIRC) 18" or 36" on either side of
the panel.

scott