Posted to rec.woodworking
Java Man

Default OT - Made in Google

In article ,
says...
Java Man wrote:

I hope you're also boycotting products produced in China, just to
be consistent.

You know, I've talked to people about that. On the one hand, they are
quick to explain all the reasons why Made in China is "bad". But then
they toddle their asses down to Walmart et al and proceed to buy
cartloads of stuff made in China and all those other bad places.

Interestingly, when confronted with such obvious hypocrisy, they
present the most convienent rationalizations... usually one of the
following...

a) Since all our "good jobs" have gone overseas to places like China,
we have hardly any money and have no choice but to buy the cheap items
made in China.

b) Since so much is made overseas, we hardly have any Made in the USA
products to choose from so we have no choice but to buy items made in
China.

It's always refreshing to see that blaming everyone but yourself never
goes out of fashion.

I was once in the "Don't buy from China -- ever!" camp because I thought
that to do so would support a repressive regime. But in 1997, I got to
tour a Chinese factory and communicate (through an interpreter I trust)
with employees when the bosses weren't around. My eventual conclusion
was that capitalism is more likely to accelerate China's evolution to a
democracy than to perpetuate the Chinese Communist Party.

Rick