Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default What oil for vacuum pump

According to Ignoramus19736 :
I am getting a vacuum pump like this

http://www.amresupply.com/viewpart.p...mEnc=RFYxNDI=&

it requires oil. Where should I look for such oil, practically
speaking. Would "compressor oil" be adequate?

I don't believe so. Vacuum pump oil needs to have very low
volatiles so it doesn't boil or otherwise outgas at the very low
pressures which the pump can achieve.

Proper vacuum pump oil is quite expensive, and you get it from
specialty houses like Cenco that sell to labs.

BTW A crimper which is right for your un-insulated terminals has
shown up on eBay. Check out auction number: 7586741978

22 hours to go.

Not as nice as the hydraulic crimper for the pre-insulated
terminals, but this one will handle sizes from #8 through 4/0,
all with what you see there. No need to get other dies, they
are all in the head, and selected by pulling a pin and rotating
the dies.

And no -- I don't have one of these. I tend to prefer the
pre-insulated terminals.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564