Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default MAXX Chain saw grinder vs Oregon 511A

I posted this in the woodworking group and there was no reply.

By reading the ads one would believe that the MAXX is a better grinder,
and maybe it is. I was thinking of the setup between right and left
cutter grinding and how many resettings you have to do in the course of
sharpening a chain. I have used the standard oregon type, and they
will make a good sharp chain, with only one adjustment for RH and LH.

Any comments from you experts? What about that hydraulic clamp? Well
made or something else to break on the day after warrenty expires?

Bob