Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Follow up - leaky compressor

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:05:35 -0500, "Bob Chilcoat"
wrote:

Yeah, red Loctite is overkill. IIRC, Harley Davidson was assembling
slip-fit gears onto smooth shafts with it without the need for any splines
or interference fit. Just cleaned everything up, put red Loctite on both
parts, and slipped the gear on the shaft. Was effectively a permanent bond.
I presume they're still doing it that way, but don't know for sure.

Was it really the red? That's for threads. I'd think it would be 609.
The green forever Loctite. For cylindrical fits.
ERS