Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Conduit - PVC or EMT

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:47:54 -0600, "Steve DeMars" wrote:

basic info:
Check local codes first... it's a real pain to have them find out you're doing
it and make you tear it out and do it "their way"...
Even worse if they red tag it and stop progress OR tearing it out until they
"resolve" it... DAMHIKT....

Conduit and boxes . . . EMT and metal boxes? PVC conduit and PVC boxes?
PVC conduit & metal boxes?

Will be covering all walls & ceiling in shop with 1/2" plywood. Would use
3/4", but here in Louisiana building materials are high and scarce.

Will insulate walls & ceiling also.Want to surface mount electrical . . .
lights, receptacles, switches, etc . .

What have you guys used? What works best & is there much difference in cost.
Have done a lot of residential electrical using ROMEX.

Never fooled with conduit except in an industrial setting . . . . I was an
instrumentation technician ( PetroChem).

Any suggestions as to material or layout appreciated . . . Shop is 20' X 22'
with 10' ceilings . . . . Will be running 115vac & 220vac receptacles.

Shop has it's own meter with 200amp service. I want to surface mount
EVERYTHING . . . . .

Thanks in advance,
Steve

mac