Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning

Default Woodworking and Retirement

Sam Maloof is in his 90s. Some older people like Sam Maloof look and
act 20 years younger than they are. Others seem to fall apart in their
60s. I have good genes for longevity assuming I take care of myself,
which I have so far. It's weird. I'm 35 and can already feel the
affects of getting older. I need more light to see. I have more aches
and pains. My hearing is deteriorating (right on schedule). My vision
started getting worse again. On the up side, I seem to need a lot less
sleep than before. I'd say whether or not you're able to woodwork into
your 80s and 90s depends greatly on the person. I think the main goal
should be to keep moving. Exercise for strength and range of motion is
critical at those ages.

brian