Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Default Best glue for Tufnol?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the advice. There's no particular reason for using Tufnol,
except that the original (poor and broken) bobbin around the core was
made from Tufnol. I was about to order some Tufnol tonight, but after
hearing your comments I might not. I had also considered using PVC or
acrylic sheet because you can buy cement which dissolves the plastic
and makes a strong bond, but both are more expensive than Tufnol. Is
SRBP easier to glue than SRBF?

The bobbin will need to fit a core with a 4" x 2.5" cross section, have
at least a 4" length available for the winding and be no more than
4.75" in overall length. If you have anything suitable or know where I
might buy one, please let me know. I'm also in the UK (Shropshire).

I'm winding a 240 V - 415 V autotransformer for a phase convertor. The
core is a shell type.

Best wishes,

Chris