Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Rotex 18 Station Turret Punch, Pexto 36" Jump Shear, Drill Press,

On 5 Feb 2006 14:38:51 -0800, wrote:

Amada's are basically what I was talking about when I said a quarter of
a million bucks. They are amazing machines. But they make $2500 for a
Rotex seem like chickenfeed.
Not sure what you mean about not using as many punches as you imagine-
the smallest Amada has 44 stations for different punches. Now you may
not need all 44, but they are available. The Rotex only has 18.

I wonder if you can feed sheetmetal in one end of an Amada, feed in
a (Solidworks?) CAD diagram of what you need, and get a circuit
breaker panel inner cover out the other end in one pass...?

They come up missing once in a while, and if 'someone official'
(City Code Inspector or Insurance Underwriting Inspector) notices, it
creates some excitement till a replacement is made and installed.

The interrupted tabbed break-outs for the breakers would be the hard
part to reproduce by hand - right now, I just have the sheetmetal shop
cut a big open hole and have to use filler plates for the vacant
spaces. The turned up edges for stiffening should be easy.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545