Posted to rec.woodworking
Art Greenberg

Default Conduit - PVC or EMT

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:47:54 -0600, Steve DeMars wrote:
Conduit and boxes . . . EMT and metal boxes? PVC conduit and PVC boxes?
PVC conduit & metal boxes?

I used PVC conduit and boxes. Ran everything in 3/4-inch, which made pulling
the wires a bit easier and allowed me to use larger gauge and/or more circuits
in a run. I used off-the-shelf elbows and offsets, rather than bending my own
for the most part. When I did need to modify a bend, I just soaked the part in
hot water for a few minutes.

Check with your local AHJ to be sure PVC is acceptable in your area, and for a
wood shop application. Regardless of which material you choose, make sure you
compute and verify fill on every run, and for every box. And use the right
kind of wire.

--
Art