Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Default Woodworking and Retirement

Phisherman wrote:

Well, I'm not in my 80's, but I've found that the most frustrating
experience is my loss of close up vision as I age. I've been
woodworking for over 40 years. I'm not sure what you mean by
"effective." It doesn't really matter how long it takes to complete a
project when it is a hobby. It's really never too late to start
woodworking.

This is where near-sightedness becomes an advantage.

My understanding of it is that the myopic eye is arranged such that
focusing on the close stuff is "enhanced" and loss of near vision is
less or non-existent as the eyes lose their flexibility. Don't get that
corrective surgery!

er (looking forward to his old-age, but it's still too far to focus on!)
--
email not valid