Posted to rec.woodworking
Bugs

Default Conduit - PVC or EMT

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "todd" wrote:

Here in the Chicago area, we don't get much of a choice. You're pretty much
using EMT for everything. It just so happens I was looking at some PVC
conduit at Lowes today. (For some reason, at least at the ones I visited
this weekend, Home Depot and Menards don't carry it). I get why it might be
used outdoors, but I'm unclear why it would be used in place of EMT indoors.

Much cheaper, and easier to cut. And it can be field-bent with a heat gun.

--
Regards,

Better check your local building & electrical codes. Locations subject
to accident or abrasion may require EMT or even rigid steel conduit. It
would be too bad to get it all installed and have the electrical
inspector red tag the work.
Bugs