Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default Electricians - Have an electrical question

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:43:00 -0800, Steve wrote:

Eric R Snow wrote:

If you are going to use NM (romex) wire then it must be
kept dry. And NEVER run it through conduit.

It's OK to run NM cable through conduit according to the
2005 NEC. As I understand it, it was prohibited in an
earlier edition of the NEC because of a mistake. See 358.22
for EMT, "Cables shall be permitted to be installed where
such use is not prohibited by the respective cable
articles," and similar wording in other conduit articles.

Conduit used for Romex may need to be larger than if
individual wires were run. See Chapter 9, Table 1, Note 9
for percentage fill calculations.

My copy of the NEC is not the 2005 ed. It's pretty new but things do
change. My house plans need to be re-engineered because the code has
changed.
ERS