Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Mahanke

Default Quick release for bandsaw blade tension

At the risk of offending someone (which is not my intension), I think
bandsaws lived quite happily with tensioned blades until the economy got so
bad that out of work mechanical engineers were forced to earn a living by
writing articles for woodworking magazines. Bandsaws are one of the most
rough and ready, extremely useful tools in the workshop, but get real, this
is not a precision tool and IMO does not need all the care and attension
that some would make you believe it does. The only reason to have a quick
tension release mechanism is if your work requires you to change blades
often.

"minnesota jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't ask, but what are the opinions
on leaving the tension on a band saw blade in between uses? Sometimes I
don't use it for a week or two.
Minnesota Jim