Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman

Default Woodworking and Retirement

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 02:07:32 GMT, "Philly"
wrote:

Are there many of you out there that didn't start your woodworking hobby
until you retired? How long did it take you to really become effective at
it once you started?

Is woodworking a hobby that a healthy retiree can safely pursue into the
twilight years, say into your late 80's or 90's? Any woodworkers out there
in their 80's and 90's? If there are some of you out there, what if any
limitations are placed on your hobby as a result of your advanced age?

Well, I'm not in my 80's, but I've found that the most frustrating
experience is my loss of close up vision as I age. I've been
woodworking for over 40 years. I'm not sure what you mean by
"effective." It doesn't really matter how long it takes to complete a
project when it is a hobby. It's really never too late to start
woodworking.