Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Bathrooms

Dave wrote:

I didn't spot that, but wife has already decided on the style of taps
and they are coming from our local builders merchant. What's more, I

Have a look at some of the BES ones... used some on a bathroom for
SWMBO's aunt recently, and was pleasently supprised at the price and
quality (saw the same ones in a posh online tap supply place for three
times the price!)

like them as well. (normally, we disagree about virtually anything. If
you were to see us out you would wonder why we were still married.) :-)

Seen this?

http://www.thingsmygirlfriendandihavearguedabout.com/

Now that is something to look into. Our various trips around the bath
sellers have shown up several baths where my wife has said, with
enthusiasm 'look how deep that one is'. My thoughts have been 'how much
bloody hot water will it take to fill it?)

Nothing worse than sitting there with cold bits sticking out of the
water though ;-)

(I found with the one in our place the bath itself was deep enough but
the overflow was sited so far down the side it halved the apparent
depth. Havine also discovered that it could in fact only cope with a
tenth of the delivery rate of the taps its usefulness was drawn into
question! Some pipe repair type epoxy putty was duly applied to back of
it and it caused little further problem!)

--
Cheers,

John.