Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Bathrooms

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I recall being surprised to find it was a Dalton one when I got
home, suspecting it would be a no-name. Although only a 6l flush
and close coupled, I must say it always clears the pan perfectly.
B&Q may have changed models of course.

The B&Q bog I used in the loft actually works very well from a flush
point of view.

However, there were two design flaws which I note:

One is the lack of fixings for the cistern - you could screw the pan to
the floor but not the cistern to the wall leaving the default assembly a
tad wobbly (fixed that with a liberal application of silicone so as to
glue it to the tiles!).

The second is more an operational issue - the water trap is sited more
to the front than on many pans, with there being more of a slope to the
rear face of the pan interior. So we are talking skidmark city here
unless one remembers a strategic placing of a couple of sheets of loo
roll on the landing zone!

--
Cheers,

John.