Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default FEMA

"JerryL" wrote in message
After Hurricane Wilma, I sustained a minimum of $14800 damage to my barrel
tile roof. After my deductible, the insurance company gave me 11535
(3265.00 deductible). My only income is from Social Security so I applied
to FEMA to help me pay the deductible. I read in the papers and heard on
TV how they were giving away $2000 debit cards to everyone in Louisiana
and Mississippi among other goodies. I understand that a lot of these
people are on Welfare but I also understand their welfare checks are
larger than my Social Security check which I have to live on. At first
FEMA referred me to SBA for a low interest loan.

My daughter is a state employee in a state that did not get the brunt of the
storms. As part of her job she was working to get evacuees settled into
housing, employment etc. She was also trying to locate missing relatives.

She pointed out one day during a phone call that FEMA is a four letter word.

Charlie