Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default FEMA

wrote:

Its sad that so many were hurt and I hope you get some additional help!

The US is big enough, perhapos we should have a nationwide disaster
insurance where in BIG cases the government picks up more of the cost
of repaiirs..

They gave us SS, but that is going bust. They gave us Pension Benefit
Guaranty, but that is going bust. Somebody voted to reduce taxes.
Gonna' rob a bank?

Certinally those in new orleans who lost everything from porely
maintained levees should be made whole. the government screwed up not
building them right from day one

No, some French trader screwed up by building a trading post there about
400 years ago. Tom Jefferson, I think, bought it from the French. The
rest is history )

Florida folks are getting their shorts in a bunch about the coming
increases in storm insurance. The state insures when nobody else will.
We don't want to pay for insurance, want to live on the water, and
want manna from heaven when the sky falls in. Don't want to pay for
national health insurance, but want everything it would cover if we
bought it. I'm working on a solution )