Posted to sci.electronics.repair
frischmoutt

Default 3 phase to single

Two capacitors are enough. see my early post on the topic.
One for starting, one for continuous use.
Not perfect, of course but cheap and painless for a motor

The Shar Par a écrit dans le message news:
On 25 Jan 2006 05:57:54 -0800,
wrote:

I want to use a 3 phase water pump from a single phase domestic supply.
What would be the cheapest way to go about this.

There is no "cheap" way to do it, although you can get a device that
will generate a three phase output from a single phase supply. It is
basically an intelligent three phase inverter system. They work well
but are not overly cheap.
You might find it cheaper to buy a single phase water pump.

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups