Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default OT - Google

Of what I have seen though, most of the population there seems to think that
that is all right.
They are trying hard to do the same things here. The government propagnda
machine has done a surprisingly good job of making the population paranoid,
ready to give up just about anything as long as they will "keep them safe".

"badger" wrote in message

Joe Barta wrote:
badger wrote:

Hummm, living in a neo-communist state, ruled by dictat, where the
Police use Google to monitor newsgroup activity, scan past
postings for keywords etc and then visit on the strength of what
they have read (as I have been visited recently)

In what neo-communist state do you live?

Joe Barta

The UK.
Where the prime ministers wife's father was a card carrying member of
the communist party (her name is cherry, as in "cherry red").
Where the state has the greatest number of camera systems monitoring its
subjects per-capita of any ****ry in the world.
Where the state monitors all e-mail, newsgroups and internet traffic for
deviant behaviors and sends plain clothes officers to investigate with
the message "we're not thought police" though thats exactly what they
have become.
Where they teach children to report anything out of the states version
of the norm at home and attempt to make everyone an informer with their
continuing propaganda to demonise anyone who acts differently from their
version of a good subject.
Fronted by the BBC (Bliars Brainwashing Colusionists) who resolutely
refuse to cover any news story that might bring the state into question.
"some are more equal than others" (Orwell, animal farm) covers the
reality of the UK rather well, enforcing EU dictat with a twist that the
control freak (often the faceless unelected and neither) civil (nor)
servant layers of government put in to tighten their control even further.