Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Default Bathrooms

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

For a bath, I would suggest actually getting in to one in the
shop. The shapes vary, and it would be annoying to fit one,
and then find you don't fit in it or it's uncomfortable for
some reason.

Yes, I have noticed that and ruled out several baths, to my wife's
disgust, for those same reasons.

For example, I found some where the sloped end
was too steep, and if you wanted to soak in the bath for an
hour (as I sometimes do), you'd end up with a cricked neck.

Like you, I do enjoy a good soak. I sometimes fall asleep in the bath.
Left foot covering the overflow, water up to the chin and right foot
crossed over left knee, to maintain a geometric lock :-)

I went for a Kawaldi steel bath, which I found in a sale for
under £100.

I think you have talked me into a steel bath, but do you think you can
convert my opinionated wife at the same time ;-)

Used a bog-standard B&Q Bog which works very well

We didn't find anything that we liked.

although the seat that was for use with it was useless

IKWYM :-)

Many thanks for your input

Dave